There are few things most people dread more than the process of moving. This is especially true if you’ve been in your current apartment for many years and have accumulated a lot of stuff.
Moving takes a lot of time, energy, help, and patience. At the same time, it’s an exciting event if you’re moving into a place that you can’t wait to live in.
Budgeting For Home Cleaning Melbourne
If you’re living on a tight budget, it’s important that you get your full security deposit back from your landlord after the move is complete. Some landlords are pickier than others, but in general, they’re not looking to take your money. They just want your apartment left in pretty much the same shape it was in when you made it your home.
Here, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make sure you get your security deposit back. If you don’t want to take this all on yourself, consider hiring professional home cleaning Melbourne.
Home Cleaning Melbourne Checklist
To begin, work your way down this checklist throughout the apartment:
- Remove screws and nails from all ceilings and walls, then smoothly putty them
- Thoroughly wipe down all walls and paint them if required by landlord
- Dust any ceiling fixtures
- Make sure ledges are dusted
- Clean blinds and windows
- Clean doors and doorknobs
- Wipe down outlets and light switches
- Vacuum and steam clean
Professional Cleaning With Home Cleaning Melbourne
If you have carpet stains or need a professional steam cleaning done, get in touch with professional home cleaning Melbourne.
Time to Clean the Kitchen
Cleaning the kitchen can be a dirty job. But it needs to be done.
- Thoroughly clean out your cabinets and wipe down cabinet liners
- Wash cabinet fronts with a mild soap solution
- Disinfect and clean the countertops until they shine
- Disinfect and clean the faucet and sink
- Clean the garbage disposal and remove any foul odors coming from it
- Wash down the fridge inside and outside. Remove the shelves and clean them each in the sink with soap
- Properly clean the oven with oven cleaner
- If you have a dishwasher, make sure to clean and disinfect
- Pull out appliances and clean behind them
- Sweep and mop entire kitchen
The kitchen is a lot of work. Professionanl home cleaning in Melbourne can get this done for you without you lifting a finger.
Onto the Bedrooms and Living Room
All furniture should be out of the apartment, making this much easier.
- Sweep, vacuum, dust and/or mop
- Scuff out scratches on hardwood floors
- Clean and wipe closets
If scuff marks are bad, you might need professional home cleaning in Melbourne to help you out.
Tackling the Bathrooms
Make this the last area of the apartment you clean.
- Remove soap scum
- Scrub floor tiles and grout
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect the shower and tub
- Clear out and clean the vanity and drawers
- Clean sink, toilet and countertops
- Clean mirror
Take your time cleaning the bathroom. It probably requires the most detailed cleaning. Again, professional home cleaning in Melbourne can help you out if you don’t want to take it on alone.
Enjoy Your New Home
Now that you’ve got your security deposit back, it’s time to enjoy your new home. Professional home cleaning in Melbourne can make cleaning in your old place or new place an afterthought for you.
Get in touch for a quote.